Our Story
The stone building appears on the maps between 1867 and 1870 as part of a land tract marking the opening of the west end of town. It opened as a foundry where they developed and refined innovative machinery such as the "Lion Fodder Crusher", making the job of local farmers easier. In 1878 the property was purchased by B. Frank Shriver Company. Having paved the way for advances in the canning industry, Shriver sold the property to Farmers Supply Company.
We have knowledge of several special uses of the building. There was a live chicken house, barber shop, dance hall, whirlpool repair shop, pinball repair shop and practice hall for the Westminster Municiple Band. The first floor housed the Stone House Restaurant owned and operated by the Sharkey Family in the 1930's. It also Housed B's Coffee Shop operated by Bernice "B" Fox in the 1980's. After B's closed the building stood empty for many years. In 2003 the Johansson family purchased the building from the Historical Society and the dream of O'Lordans began.
Two and a half years or renovation, trips to Ireland to purchase furniture, walls falling off brought the dream to life. Opening October 25, 2005 the Johansson family has welcomed our local community and many from all over to sit, talk and enjoy the hospitality of O'Lordans. After 20 years we still see so many faces that we know and love as well as welcome with open arms new friends.
Founders
DAVE & WENDY

The Johansson Family had a dream for the old stone building. When they realized that 14 Liberty Street fit the vision for the perfect Irish Pub David and Wendy purchased the property. Following a challenging renovation the Johansson's opened the doors to O'Lordans Irish Pub on October 25, 2005.








